Systems Engineer - Global HQ, Eureka MO, USA
The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the back-office Microsoft server environment on a 24×7 operations model basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monthly Testing and Deploying Windows updates via WSUS server
- VMware administration patching host/virtual servers/vcenter server using the update manager, configuring remote VMware deployments & P to V migrations.
- Exchange Server Administration including Load balancing & DAG management.
- Skype for Business Server Administration for both internal and external access.
- Kemp Virtual Load Balancer management.
- Availability to apply server upgrades and patches during non-production hours.
- Storage administration for SAN & NAS devices using FC & NFS.
- Upgrading core domain controllers and production servers from Server 2003 & 2008 to Server 2012.
- Group Policy & Active Directory Management.
- Helping with Windows 10 Migrations.
- Level 2 support for production operations on a 24/7 basis.
- LAN/WAN monitoring and network utilization.
- Testing and Documentation.
- Administration of our web proxy server (cisco scansafe).
Knowledge /Skills /Abilites
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- Windows Server 2003-2012R2 with heavy use of Active Directory & Group Policy
- Exchange 2013 Server Administration
- Skype for Business 2015 Server Administration
- VMware Infrastructure Design & Administration focusing on the design and deployment of a production ESXi 6.0 Farm
- Familiarity with SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.
- Citrix XenApp infrastructure
- SAN Storage Administration
Preferred Technical Proficiencies:
- SAN Storage Administration, X-IO Technologies
- Solaris 9/10 knowledge would be a plus.
- PowerShell Scripting.
- .Net Programming language.
- Effective interpersonal communication with co-workers, management, and vendors.
- Self-motivation to accomplish assigned objectives and pursue options that will benefit the company.
- Numerical / analytical abilities.
- Capability to grasp “big picture” down to minute details of systems/software.
- Flexibility to effectively switch between support of production environment and development projects.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and business rule management systems
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 – 5 years of experience
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (if entering designated manufacturing areas) – safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.